Our aim is to reduce the number and frequency of transport-related accidents – both among Linde employees and our contractual partners.
The transport of bulk and cylinder gases in Malaysia is governed by a number of acceptable standards or code of practice:
- UN Recommendations on Transport of Dangerous Goods (UN Standard).
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG Code)
- European Agreement on Road Transport of Dangerous Goods (ADR Standard)
- Road Transport Act 1987
- Land Public Transport Act 2010
- Environmental Quality Act 1974
- Motor Vehicle (Construction & Use) Rules 1959 (Factories and Machinery Act 1967 & Weight Restrictions (Federal Road) (Amendment) Orders 2003)
All relevant instructions are stored in a central document under the Linde Management Systems and Standards (LiMSS) programme which covers everything from essential hire qualifications and driver training to detailed directions on how to equip our transport fleet to comply with our safety regulations.